Friday, September 18, 2009

Tyra I Will Always Love You



Let's get straight to the point. I l-o-v-e... love Tyra Banks. That's right. I'm not afraid to declare it for all to read. I'm secure in myself like that. It has absolutely everything nothing to with the dire hope that Tyra will somehow miraculously happen stumble upon this blog and let me know how much she loves me too and appreciate my shameless declaration of love. Why would any of you even think that? Why it's almost comical, right? Riiiiight.






You have to admit that there's a lot to love about Tyra. The first but definitely not the foremost reason is that this amazing beauty is super sexy and definitely a head turner. What? Her sex appeal is the first trait I put forward. So what? You got a problem with that? And don't you dare label me as shallow, gullible or lecherous. How dare you? The simple fact is that I appreciate the finer, if not finest, qualities in women.








But back to the topic at hand. Besides being a hottie, Tyra Banks has certainly proven to the world at large that there's more to her that just outward beauty. She's caring; she's honest and she's not afraid to express her opinion. Tyra is genuine, she's down to earth; she's real and keeps it real.








One of the qualities I like most about Tyra is that she is one of the most confident women to grace the face of the earth. I love her strut; I do. I love her poise. I love the way she carries herself. You can feel her confidence from way across the room or permeating into your room from the television.








She's got an exceptional sense of style. Everyone has a bad attire day, including Banks of course; hey she's human, but she doesn't have very many. At least not that I have seen or have been made aware of.






In more ways than one, I think Banks is a trendsetter. She takes the bulls by the horn. She does her own thing. She's immensely positive and this is unmistakably projected in her personality. She welcomes challenges. She takes the good with the bad and does her best with either one. She can handle herself and has no qualms about responding to criticism which are aimed at belittling or degrading her character. I like that; I like that a lot. She will tell you where to go or shove it if the situation calls for it. Yep, Tyra Banks is all woman.






<



Notwithstanding her strength, I don't think anyone can deny that Banks also has a humble spirit. This makes me realize why I love her so much. She strikes a perfect balance. This is rear, especially for someone of such high celebrity status; a woman who has been and will always be a supermodel to me and a lot more people in this world. So many, in fact too many, crumble under the pressure that such fame brings.






Did I mention that Banks is an astute business woman? I didn't? Well, in all fairness to myself, I'm not done yet so it's ok. I have a lot more to say. You can bet your bottom dollar that I do. Her titles are many; former super model - Victoria's Secrets Angel, mega media personality, actress and business woman (founder and owner of TYInc). You can also add author to this list as well. What a woman!






She is the creator and host of America's Next Top Model, co-creator of True Beauty and host of her own talk show, The Tyra Banks Show. GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against the Defamation) recently honored Banks with the Excellence in Media Award.






Banks is the daughter of fashion Manager and NASA photographer (mother Karolyn) and a computer consultant (Donald Banks) and has one older brother (Devin). She started modeling in the 11th grade. On her first visit to Paris she landed a deal for 25 shows within her first week making her the first newcomer in the business to accomplish such a feat.








On her long list of firsts, she was the first African American woman to appear on the covers of not only GQ Magazine but also the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Go Tyra!!! Yeah!!! That's my girl. You would think she was done right? Well, think again. In 1997 she became the first-ever African American chosen for the cover of the Victoria's Secret catalog. She won VH1's coveted Supermodel of the Year Award in that same year.






Banks is the author of Tyra's Beauty, Inside and Out. The booked was published in 1998 and Banks wrote the book with the intention of helping women to make the most of their natural beauty.








She started her television career in 1993 in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. She appeared in 7 episodes. She made several other television appearances and can be seen in music videos of some of the most noted artists in the industry including Michael Jackson's Black or White, Tina Turner's Love Thing, Mobb Deep's Trife Life and George Michael's Too Funky.






She made her big screen debut in 1995 when she was given the role of Deja in Higher Learning. This role put her with the likes of Omar Epps, Kristy Swanson, Jennifer Connelly and Ice Cube. Other big screen credits include roles in Love Stinks, Love & Basketball, Life-Size, Coyote Ugly, Halloween: Resurrection and Hannah Montana: The Movie.








Let me leave with you with a quote that gives you insight into the personality of this woman, "Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It's about accepting all of yourself. You've got to learn to accept the fool in you as well as the part that's got it goin' on."








Tyra, keep doing what you do.