Monday, January 2, 2012

Paula Patton Has Stolen My Heart



Paula Maxine Patton was born to Joyce (a school teacher of European descent and Charles Patton (a lawyer of African descent) on December 5, 1975.  She graduated from the University of Southern California Film school magma cum laude (with great honor) and her first job was making documentaries for PBS.  As a child she was always interested in films and knew at an early age what she wanted to do for a career.  Her appreciation for films was shared by and most likely acquired from her mom.





















In a lot of ways Patton is one very fortunate actress having started her career in 2005 and having landed substantial roles within a short 3 year period.  From a small role in Hitch 2005 starring Will Smith and Eva Mendes she went on to land a major role the following year opposite Denzel Washington in Déjà Vu (2006). Seriously, you start your career in a film with Big Will then jump into a role opposite Denzel the great veteran!!! You know when you kick-start your career like that there must be great things in store and it's a career that was meant for you. Can I get a whoot whoot?

















She followed up with Mirrors and Swing Vote in 2008, Precious in 2009 and Just Wright in 2010. If that wasn't enough, also in 2010 she was offered the role to replace the new full-time district attorney on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - a role she had to turn down after landing the lead in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. In 2011 she played Sabrina Watson in Jumping the Broom and I wanted lots of times in the movie to kick her character's ass. And believe you me, after seeing her stellar, award-worthy totally bad-ass, kick-butt performance in Mission: Impossible, I was sure glad I didn't attempt to do it. And speaking of kicking a character's ass.... I love Loretta Devine to bits but I was two seconds away from going all Jackie Chan on her ass in that movie!!! *did i say that outloud :O*



















She was awesome and in my humble opinion gave her most excellent performance in her career so far; truly commendable; two thumbs waaaaaaay up!!!! Talk about bad-ass!!! Absolutely gratifying performance! The movie totally rocked! Cruise and all the other cast members went over and above board on this one! if you haven't already seen it, stop whatever you're doing and go out to the cinema right this minute! No, wait... finish this blog first then go!













Patton leaves me wanting for more and I don't just mean as far as her acting skills go.... ahem... I mean... look at the woman. I know you agree, right? The arms, legs, lips, smooth complexion, the seductive eyes, rocking body....











And did I mention, she's a mom and went back to work only 3 months after giving birth to her son? I didn't, damn... was too busy raving about her aptitude for the arts of acting. So she gave birth to Julian and was back working on Jumping the Broom only 3 months after. Wait... did I mention magazine covers? Or hotlists? Do I need to? I don't think so, her hotness speaks for itself.































































And her skills don't stop there, the woman has vocal skills as well. She featured on husband Robin Thicke's album and also did some vocal work with Usher. Speaking of husband Robin Thicke - check out his video of Lost Without You where his beautiful, breath-taking, draw-dropping wife makes an appearance. Robin and his team had a very limited budget and couldn't afford to hire someone to appear in the video. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the guy would want to hire someone else when he has a bombshell for a wife. Guys! Go figure!





















Look for Patton in Disconnect - a drama/thriller slated for 2012. The movie is currently in post-production phase. It is rumored that she will be playing the role of an antagonist in Who Framed Roger Rabbit slated for 2013.














The way I see it Paula Patton came out of nowhere, I don't know from whence she came or why but I'm sure glad that she did and hope she doesn't go away anytime soon. She is very refreshing on screen, it's a pleasure to watch her perform, she did quite a substantial job with her earlier roles and she definitely took it to the next level in MI4 (Mission: Impossible [4] Ghost Protocol). 

















She had big shoes to fill from the get go and she has taken on the challenges quite admirably and has certainly progressed into a seasoned actress of whom you can expect great things. Hopefully she will continue in that vein.















I wish her all the best and will not hesitate to confess that she has definitely stolen my heart in more ways than one.