Monday, May 19, 2008

Courteney Cox Rocks My Socks



Courteney Cox is definitely sexy and I think what tops it all is that she isn't even aware of it. I bet if anyone were to ask her if she thought she was super sexy that she'd respond, "Pfft, who me?" Heck, what adds more to a sexy woman's sex appeal than her unpretentious unawareness? If there's any other answer than a rhetoric 'yes', then please let me know about it.


She's not all for glamming up and the best part is that she doesn't need to. Her sex appeal is so damn natural that it needs very little help for it to be noticed.


Have I enjoyed her work over the the years? What I've seen I have bearing in mind that 1) I know I've said this like a millions times already (probably more times than anyone would like to hear it) but I honestly don't watch a lot of TV/movies and

2) Whenever Courteney is on screen, I really don't care much about the plot of the movie or show. I'm just truly happy she's there for my viewing pleasure.


She reminds me a lot of Demi Moore - facial structure and physical build. There's also something about her face that reminds me of Kim Delaney. Delaney too is sexy in an unassuming way. This trait is one of the many reasons why I hold Tina Fey and Jodie Foster in such 'high' (understatement of the decade) regard. (This picture is so simple but just oozes so much sultry sexiness that I'm a feel a bit week at the knees)


I picture Cox being the same person she was before she became a TV/movie star/celebrity. In as much as I haven't seen nor read (and I'm not a big fan of reading either) interviews that she's given, I'm even convinced that she's not hung up on being an all-for-the-media type person at all. There are just some things that some celebrities don't get hung up on.


And the icing on the cake is that Courteney Bass Cox Arquette was born into a wealthy family (who would have guessed?) in Birmingham, Alabama. It gets better too. In high school she was a cheerleader, tennis player and swimmer. She studied architecture and interior design after graduating high school. After a year of this she dropped to pursue a career in modeling. While modeling, she also took acting classes and worked to lose her southern accent.


She is very well best known for her role as Monica Geller in the popular television sitcom Friends. She currently plays Lucy Spiller, an executive editor of a tabloid magazine, on the popular drama Dirt on FX Networks. Dirt is produced by Cox and her husband David Arquette.


Cox was producer Marc Cherry's first choice to play the starring role of Susan Mayer on Desperate Housewives. Unfortunately she was unavailable due to her pregnancy and the role went to Teri Hatcher. In as much as I love Teri Hatcher in this role, I would have loved to see Cox in that role.


She has won three awards and been nominated 19 times. Her wins: Golden Apple Award
1995: "Female Discovery of the Year". Teen Choice Awards 2000: "Film - Choice Chemistry" — Scream 3. TV Guide Awards 2000: "Editor's Choice" — Friends (shared w/co-stars).
She is set to star opposite Adam Sandler in Bedtime Stories which is currently being filmed and the date set for release is 25 December 2008. Cox will play Wendy in this Comedy/Drama/Fantasy film.

The film is about a hotel handyman (Sandler) whose life changes when the lavish bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew start to magically come true.


Cox worked with Sandler back in 2005 in The Longest Yard in which she played his girlfriend Lena. She is also slated to star in The Big Change (2009).
Tidbits
Originally offered the role of Rachel but she preferred Monica on Friends (1994).

Was voted Best Dressed Female Television Star [1997]


Was the first person to ever say "period" on American TV, in a Tampax commercial. (Go Courteney!)


She can play the piano and drums. (Rock on dude!)

Was voted "9th sexiest woman in the world" by readers of FHM in 1997 and 1998. (I'm not the only one who knows she's sexy. BTW did I ever mention about me and women with wet hair? No huh? Well that's a whole other blog topic altother, but it affects me way more than women wearing hats and that's all I'm saying.)
Was named the "Hottest Babe" by Playboy magazine (1995) (Even more proof. Don't like the Babe thing but I suppose I could live with it. Courteney is no babe she's a hot woman.)
Voted the 18th "Sexiest Woman in the World" by Stuff magazine (2002) (Shit, need I say more? Are you not convinced as yet?)

Drives a Jaguar and a silver Porsche Carrera. (Hot damn!)


Went into labor on her 5 year wedding anniversary, June 12, 2004, and gave birth to her daughter (Coco Riley) the next day, two days before her 40th birthday.

Member of the Delta Zeta Sorority.


Personal Quotes
A lot of my humor does come from anger. It's like, you're not gonna pull one over on me-which is pretty much my motto anyways.


I only have to do three things to look halfway decent, curl my eyelashes, fill in my eyebrows and put some lipstick on. (See, I knew it - unassumingly sexy - there's the proof right there.)

I wasn't going to go far. I'm only 5' 5" and I don't have that look. [on her early modeling days] (A realist, you can't be that - even though I beg to differ.)


I have to be physically attracted to someone. But I can't just be with someone just because it's great sex. Because orgasms don't last long enough. (lmao)


Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you're in. (I love this woman - so Amy Poehler/Tina Fey-ish)


I can definitely act even if I don't appear to have any particular style. I know I'm not a method actress, but I do believe in being physically and emotionally prepared for the role. If I have a scene where I'm supposed to be emotionally drawn out, then I'll think of the saddest thing in my life. If I have to be five pounds lighter to be the right physical type, I'll run my little tail around the block to make the weight. (And what a cute little tail too.)






Yep, I can safely say that this shrine is complete.