Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Go Shorty It's Your Birth Month: Elizabeth Hurley



I'm sitting here trying to convince myself that I should have gotten tired of this by now but it's not working at all. For sure, blogging about gorgeous women is not an easy task, but hey, somebody's gotta do it. Might as well that somebody (or at least one of the somebodies) be me right?


Today my featured June beauty is Elizabeth Hurley. I developed a crush on her from the very first moment I laid eyes on her. I was actually crushing on her at or around the same time that I was Jacqueline Bissett. That crush held for quite some years until she kinda fell under my radar. I believe she had stopped making movies and she certainly wasn't in the magazines (or at least on the covers) much anymore.


Nonetheless, when she started to appear on the scene again a few years ago, that crush was soon rekindled. I go out of my way to catch a glimpse of her as often as I can. I've been meaning to blog about her for some time now; but so many sexy women, so little time sometimes. The story of so many of our lives right?


I remember trying to make time to watch her movies because I always got a sense that she was naughty by nature. No, not nasty; just naughty. Hmm does that make me naughty? I never thought about that before. Guess I've got some pondering to do. I know I'll figure it out in time.


Elizabeth Jane Hurley is an English model, former actress and producer who was born on June 10, 1965. She's became the spokesmodel for Estée Lauder in 1995. She has her own beachwear line which was launched in April of 2005. Elizabeth Hurley Beach is sold in the UK, United States, Europe, The Middle East, Asia, Russia as well as Australia.


Hurley is a supporter and activist for breast cancer awareness as well as The Prince's Trust - a charity founded by Prince Charles to aid youths in Britain. Estée Lauder's "Elizabeth Pink" lipstick is named after her and proceeds from the sales go to breast cancer research.


As a child she took ballet lessons because she wanted to become a dancer. Hurley is highly known for her 13 year relationship with actor Hugh Grant whom she met on the set of Remando Al Viento in 1987.


The relationship suffered much strain caused by the scandalous embarrassment as a result of Grant getting arrested for being with a prostitute in Los Angeles in 1995. She stood by his side through it all but the finally called in quits in 2000.



Hurley has since met and married (on March 2, 2007) Indian businessman Arun Nayar.


Blogging about this woman has just rekindled those longing lustful desires I had back then. *sigh*


What a woman.


And those eyes...... how dreamy and seductive.... *more sighs*