Friday, May 2, 2008

Hottie Friday: Paz Vega



Paz Vega es hermosa indescriptible (is beautiful beyond description). Ella es absolutamente perfectamente magnífica (She is absolutely perfectly gorgeous). I'll stop with the Spanish before I hurt myself.


I would like to take her and lock her away from the rest of the world but at the same time I want to display her for all the world to see for such beauty should be displayed. Conflicted? Yes I am. I admit it.


I was introduced to Paz in the film Spanglish. And let me tell you, at first glance, I didn't pay much attention. After all, the film starred Cloris Leachman (who I adore profoundly) and Téa Leoni (who is one of my favorite persons in the business). So in a way, it was easy enough for me to have not paid much notice. In addition, the costume designers and make up artists did a hell of a job making a stunning beauty look like a 'plain Jane'; they really did.


Be that as it may, I watched the movie once more last week and Bam! It hit me! I was like, "Who is that woman? She's gorgeous and damn sexy underneath it all." And sure enough, I had to find out more.

I swear that I was unable to do anything else at all when I started to unearth pictures of the Spanish Goddess! I was totally consumed by her; my mind, thoughts, attention - I was completely captivated and mesmerized.

Paz Vega is breathtakingly stunning.

She's attractive beyond words.

She's entrancing.

She's hot!!!


She's like a breath of fresh air on a beautiful Spring morning
.

She is resplendent!

She's swoon-inducing.

Titillating.....

Ultra sexy....

Compellingly luscious

I need to catch my breath. Never have I used so many adjectives consecutively before and yet I feel as if I haven't done her justice.

Does that tell you anything about how I feel? The woman blows me away.

Have I conveyed, in the slightest, the effect that this woman has on me?

O M G!!!! A hat.. a hat I tell you...! *thud*


Must.... get.... air..... can't..... breathe.......

Paz Campos Trigo was born on January 2, 1976 in Seville, Andalucía, Spain. Her stage name Vega is that of her grandmother. At the age of 15, she discovered a passion for acting after attending the play La casa de Bernarda Alba (The House of Bernada Alba).

A year later she was accepted at the Centro Andaluz de Teatro stage school where she completed 2 years of studies. She also completed a two-year study in journalism before moving to Madrid to pursue her acting career.


Her screen career includes roles in a few Spanish TV series including Menudo es me padre, Mas que amigos and Compañeros and had minor roles in Zapping and I Will Survive (1999). It seems like 1999 was the year for Vega for it was that same year that she had her breakthrough role in 7 Vidas (TV series/sitcom).


She made her breakthrough in the US with her role in Spanglish (2004) and is working on capitalizing on her American success. In 2006 she starred opposite Morgan Freeman in 10 Items or Less. In that same year she starred alongside Christopher Walken and Danny Houston in Fade To Black - the movie premiered in Spain on 30 March 2007.

Vega is currently working on 6 additional films - The Human Contract (2008) (post-production) where she will star alongside Jada Pinkett Smith, The Six Wives of Henry Lefay (2008) (post-production) with Elisha Cuthbert, Tim Allen, Eric Christian Smith and Jenna Elfman, Not Forgotten (2008) (filming), El Camino del diablo [The Devil's Highway], (2008) (in production), The Spirit (2009) (post-production) with Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Eva Mendes and Triage(2009) (filming) with Colin Farrell and Christopher Lee.


Her career has certainly taken off and I have no doubt that she will succeed. She certainly did a splendid job in Spanglish and as long as she continues in that vein, there should be no stopping her. I can tell that she's passionate (as is customary of Spanish descent - Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas) about what she does.


She married Orson Salazar (lucky SOB) in 2002 and they are proud parents of Orson (Jr.) who was born on May 2, 2007. Salazar is Venezuelan. They met while vacationing.


Vega has won 5 awards and has been nominated 9 times in her career thus far.


Won Film Award for Best Actress (Mejor Actriz) for: Lucía y el sexo (2001)


2002 - Won Chopard Trophy (Cannes Film Festival) Female Revelation


2002 - Won Goya Award Best New Actress (Mejor Actriz Revelación) for: Lucía y el sexo (2001)


2002 - Won Sant Jordi Best Spanish Actress (Mejor Actriz Española) for: Lucía y el sexo (2001). Also for Sólo mía (2001). (Feeling a little Flashdance-ish are we?)


2004 - Won PFCS (Phoenix Film Critics Society) Award Breakout of the Year - On Screen for: Spanglish (2004)


I need to catch myself. I'm feeling rather disoriented right now.


It's a good thing it's Friday.