Monday, October 6, 2008

Milla Jovovich Is A Knock-Out



Is there anyone present who will dispute the fact that Russian-Ukrainian-Montenegrin and now American model, actress musician and fashion designer Milla Jovovich is a Knock-Out? Huh? Anyone? No? By a show of hands maybe? No one? Good! So we can get on with it then, all in agreement that Jovovich has the power to stop a speeding train coming down the tracks just by placing one leg on the rail and hoisting her dress halfway above her knee.


Now mind you, this is just one leg. Were she to raise the dress above both legs we could very well be calling on the emergency services to attend to a catastrophic derailed train emergency!


Short hair, long hair, black hair, blond hair, red hair, high-lights; knee-high boots, sexy high heels, pumps, sandals, stilettos, platforms, thigh highs, no shoes at all; evening gown, tank top, casual, formal, elegant; jeans, short shorts; undies or bikinis (I'm not even gonna go there of mentioning no clothes at all) it matters not. The woman is just irresistibly attractive.










How many times have I had to pick my tongue up off the the floor? How many times have I had to wrap a warm towel around my head to recover from brain-freeze? Countless times; that's how many. The more I blog, the more I know that sooner or later (sooner rather than later) I will need to be rescued by someone. Someone needs to save me from myself by offering to assist me with this here blogging thingy.


So many damn gorgeous women, don't know how much longer I'll be able to withstand this. My hat goes off (several times) to women/people who do this on the daily. This is not an easy task at all. I will volunteer to help to ogle for hours and hours at source the pictures but someone will need to compose the posts. My brain will very soon not be able to handle the strain of both creating so many shrines of women I fantasize about going through hundreds of pictures and still having to find words to sing their praises.


Uh, where was I again (as you can see, even my brain gets derailed by Milla)? What has this 32 (soon to be 33 - Dec 17) year old done with her life so far? Let's see... She has built up quite a reputation for being (as VH1 so rightly dubbed her) the "reigning queen of kick-butt". Want proof? Go see The Fifth Element (1997), The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc (1999), the Resident Evil (trilogy) films and (the not so impressive, actually quite sucky) Ultra Violet (2006).




She has been included in quite a number of hottie lists and she has been the face of many a campaigns including L'Oreal cosmetics, Banana Republic, Christian Dior, Donna Karan and Versace.




But that's not all, as mentioned before the woman also has musical talents. In April 1994, she released The Divine Comedy an album (mainly of traditional folk songs) which comprised lyrics of poems that she had been compiling since the age of 15. The album was very well received by critics, some of whom compared her with musicians Tori Amos and Kate Bush.


John McAlley of Rolling Stone called the album "remarkable", "strikingly mature and rich in invention" and as featuring "angst-laced poetry with vivid melodies and arrangements that find a common spirit in synth pop, European folk and psychedelic dream rock". She has also contributed to soundtracks of a few of the movies that she worked on.


In 2003 Jovovich and fellow model Carmen Hawk joined forces and launched a line of clothing called Jovovich-Hawk. On November 3, 2007, Jovovich gave birth to her first child, a daughter who she named Ever Gabo Anderson. Oh and one could very easily add stunt woman to her list of titles since she performed almost all of stunts in the Resident Evil films.




She made her television debut in 1988 in The Night Train to Kathmandu and later that same year she made her film debut in The Moon Junction.




My first dose of Jovovich was in 1991 when she was cast in the lead of of Lilli in Return to the Blue Lagoon. Oh my word! The image of her from that movie remain fresh in my mind to this day! She was just about 15 then but her performance was absolutely mature beyond her 15 years. My excitement was/is not that of a lustful nature (I'm shaking my head at all of you who just automatically thought it was because I have displayed such a almost uncontrollable lustful tendencies deep appreciation for women I admire) her performance was quite praise-worthy.




Her upcoming movies include The 4th Kind, A Perfect Getaway and Azazel. The first two movies are in post-production phase while the last is in pre-production. All are set for release some time next year and all fall into the thriller category that she has become famous for.




Her acting career thus far has yielded no award wins however she has had a few nominations which include Best Actress (Resident Evil), Best Supporting Actress (The Fifth Element), Favorite Female Newcomer (The Fifth Element), Best Fight (The Fifth Element) and Best Young Actress Starring in a Motion Picture (The Blue Lagoon) - see it wasn't just me who thought she was awesome in this role.