Friday, December 5, 2008

Hottie Friday: Gabrielle Union (2nd Time Around)



There are hot women, there are really hot women, there are women who are extremely hot and those who are super hot. Well, Gabrielle Monique Union falls into none of those categories. No way; Gabby is sizzling, she's smoking, she is off-the-chart and out-of-this-world hot! She has a body to die for!






Listen, Gabby is so hot that she's made it onto my Hottie Friday list a second time! This is a record here at Slym Pickings! Damn right it is! Gabby is so nice, I had to do her twice (holy hell that sounded rather dirty but maybe it was accidentally intentional, maybe I have a dirty mind, who knows).




This African-American (Nebraskan) heartthrob can call on me anytime of the night or day and I'll drop everything; that's right e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, and come running at full speed to fulfill any desire that she might have.




Union is hot in so many ways. There are so many things about her that drives me wild. The girly smile, the sweet sixteen girl-next-door look, the cheerleader body, the p-e-r-f-e-c-t ass *drool*, the cute dimples, the silky hair, the smooth complexion, the amazing, uplifting, perky, tempting smile. Have you paid any attention to this sexy diva's lips - OMG - mmm mmm mmm (is all I can say and then lick my own lips).


I would walk down the street following behind this siren with my tongue hanging out and feel no damn shame. Union has got a pair of legs that are comparable to those of my icon and idol Tina Turner. Yep, girlfriend's got hot legs and a flawless pair of arms. Do I love her? I'm crazy about her!




Obsessed, infatuated, sprung, captivated and fixated are but some of the adjectives that come to mind when I think of how I feel about her. Union dominates my every thought. I've got her under my skin. She overpowers all of my senses.




What is even more appealing about my Gabby is that the woman is just not all beauty. No, she's smart as hell. When she speaks, you'll stop and listen. She doesn't reach for words or have to think hard about anything. Check out any of her interviews in print or otherwise. Smart. Hot. Brilliant. Hot. Quick-witted. Hot. Shrewd. Hot. Intelligent. Hot. Drop-dead sexy and did I mention HOT?




Union graduated from with honors from UCLA with a degree in Sociology. In high school she was an all-star point guard and a year round athlete participating in soccer, basketball and track. And she was well equipped for her role opposite Kirstin Dunst in Bring It On (a role which brought her into the limelight and certainly to my attention but I had my eye on her before though) since she was a member of the cheerleading squad in the eight grade.




Over the years she has taken on many diverse roles proving that she is more than just a capable actress. She has played the bitchy sister in Delivery Us From Eva (I recommend this movie, in it she plays a character that you both love and hate at the same time) as well as her cameo roles in Ugly Betty (she's awesome doing bitchy). She totally kicks ass in Bad Boys II and Cradle 2 the Grave (my favorite Union movie of all time - the woman made my plasma sweat in this movie and not to mention myself - if she was any hotter, my TV [and me] would have short-circuited and blow up!).






Union also holds her own very well doing comedy (check her out in The Honeymooners, Two Can Play That Game and 10 Things I Hate About You). When she does drama, you are definitely not disappointed. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Union can hold her own in any role.






In the early years of her career she made her rounds on quite a number of television shows including Family Matters, Moesha, Sister Sister, Saved by the Bell, The Steve Harvey Show, 7th Heaven, ER and City of Angels.




Since making her film debut in 1999 she has amassed quite a substantial body of work. Some of her latest films include Running With Scissors, Football Wives, Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls (she gave a very commendable performance in this movie), The Box, The Perfect Holiday, Meet Dave and Cadillac Records which opens today. Other cast members of this movie include Emmanuelle Chriqui and Beyoncé Knowles.






Gabby has lamented the fact that roles for women of color in Hollywood are constantly dwindling. Acting was never her ambition growing up but she got into it and is currently enjoying the ride (and so am I and all of her other fans). She keeps an open mind knowing that the day might come when a shift in career will be necessary. But until that day comes, she will strive to keep working, she will keep fighting for positive and meaningful roles that will allow her to exercise her talent.






I admire Union a lot. I hold her in very high esteem. She has earned my respect not only as an actress but as an individual. She has remained positive since the beginning of her career. She is a survivor and not only in the industry but in her personal life as well. At age 19 while working part-time at a shoe store to help raise funds for her education, she was attacked, beaten and raped. Since then she has become an advocate for victims of sexual assault.






She's strong, she's confident, she is self-assured and opinionated. She is not afraid to speak up. She holds firm to her beliefs. Her career has be free of any negative drama of any kind.




Her body of work has yielded a Rising Star Award (American Black Film Festival) for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Theatrical Film (The Honeymooners), a BET Comedy Award Outstanding Lead Actress in a Box Office Movie (Deliver Us from Eva), a Black Reel for Theatrical - Best Supporting Actress (Bring It On), a Palm Beach International Film Festival Award for Best Actress (Neo Ned) and a Young Hollywood Award for One to Watch - Female.




In addition to her wins, Gabby has also had 2 Image Award nominations for Outstanding Actress, 3 Black Reel nominations for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, 2 BET Comedy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress and 2 Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films, USA nominations.




It's been quite a run this week. Despite my low-energy level, bumps and frustrations it's been so much more bearable thanks to my love angels Eva La Rue, Kate Walsh, Alyssa Milano, Catherine Zeta-Jones and my African-American Princess Gabrielle Union.





I'm truly excited and pleased that my Gabby has set the record for being the first of my hotties to have been granted a slot a second time around on my Hottie Friday list. Go on with your bad self!!!


Here's hoping that we all have a splendid weekend.