Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Felicity Huffman Lovely As Ever



Some poeple smile for the camera and some as a reaction.
Felicity Kendall Huffman smiles from the heart and soul.
She smiles even with her eyes. Don't ask me to explain because I can't but just look at all the pitures of her smiling and I think you'll see it too. Whatever 'it' is.


I heart Felicity and the interesting thing is that I heart William H. Macy too.
Most times the women I love marry men who I do not approve of :).
Believe there are a few of my women who are exceptions to the rule and I have every intention of blogging about this but I digress. As I was saying, if there's one celebrity couple that I approve of it's those two.
They have my blessing. They both seem so totally compfortable with each other. He's one of the luckiest men alive and the the part I like most is that he knows and appreciates it. One of the major reasons I truly like the guy.
They're a couple that I just can't help being happy for.
One can tell that after 15 years together which includes 11 years of marriage and two kids, that they are still very much inlove with each other and you just can't beat that.
Hooray for them! Notice how he holds her so tenderly. You're a good man William; you're a good man.


She and William are both regular triathlon participants. Get out! How damn amazing can one couple be?

The movie Georgia Rule did not get rave reviews from critics but I think it's a damn good movie.
I"m not one to watch a movie twice but this is one that I definitely would. Felicity's performance in this movie I found to be top-notch. There's a particular scene in the movie where she just found out from her daughter (Lohan) that she was being molested by her step-father and after finding out, felicity was making her way down the stairs and the agony was so much that she just lost all of her strength and crumbled on one of the steps. Believe me, that moment was so heartfelt. The woman can act. If there was an award for most credible crumble on a stair, she'd win hands down.
All of the acting in the movie was top-notch; even Lohan's - she did an awesome job. It's her best performance yet. And Fonda, that woman just reeks of talent, especially now in her latter years.


Get this! One of her idols is my most treasured woman of all - Tina Turner! Yeah! Get the hell out! Felicity, your right there next in line to Tina. Yes, I've upgraded your status. On an episode of Oprah Winfrey's "Wildest Dreams" segments, Huffman's dream came true when she got to sing backup to her idol Tina Turner who was performing live for Oprah (Feb. 2005)

I think she's one of the coolest chicks that exists.

With a nickname of Flicka how could she not be. She's not afraid to make fun of herself; she actually has the funny in her. Even when she takes on serious roles, that side comes through. I like that very much about the roles she takes on as well. They can be serious as hell but somehow there's some comedy mixed in and she makes the transistion rather effortlessly. This movie is going to be added to my very limited DVD collection. The movie deserves way more credit than it received. It took a very serious issue and dealt with it in a very down-to-earth manner.


I don't know if her sense of humor had anything to do with giving both her daughters the same second name (Grace - a name of one of her older sisters), if not then i'll just write it off to the fact she just could not be perfect in every way (lol). But then her mom actually named her Flicka at birth but changed it because it wasn't considered a christian name. So I see where she might have gotten that from :).

I think Desperate Housewives was one of the best things to happen to her.
Her role in this show allows her to draw on all of her talents. She has to be quirky, hard working wife, mother, somewhat agonized daughter and so much more.
It's not a stagnant role and it's a role that no other could have fitted more perfectly than Huffman.
It's a role that allowed her to tap into so many facets of her acting abilities.

Personal qoutes:
"I know as actors our job is usually to shed our skins, but I think as people our job is to become who we really are and so I would like to salute the men and women who brave ostracism, alienation and a life lived on the margins to become who they really are." [acceptance speech at the 66th Golden Globe]
"In the new millennium, we're fighting against the icon of the perfect mother. I don't know about here, but in America you're not allowed to talk about how it's driving you crazy, or how you don't like it, or how, if you have to give a bath one more time, you're going to pull your hair out. Because then you're considered a bad mom. There's a very established conversation or litany, which is, 'Isn't motherhood the best?' To me, that question just isn't applicable. You can complain about your job, you can complain about your husband, you can complain about your friends, but God forbid you complain about your kids."
"There are so few perks about getting older. Everything heads south and you become less and less attractive, but one of the perks is that you can usually learn to come home to yourself. You're a little more comfortable in your skin, as saggy as it is. And that's a gift."

You just gotta love her; I know I do. Her latest movie The Politician's Wife is in currently in production. A release date has not yet been given.

Felicity is one of those women I'd like to have over and just sit on the couch with and enjoy her company along with good conversations.
Heck, we would talk about Tina and do impersonations of her.
We could put on 6 inch heels, skin-fitted outfits and strut our stuff around the living room.
So Felicity have your people call my people; in fact just call me up your damn self.
I'd bet you don't rely on your people for much.

You handle it your damn self.