Saturday, March 15, 2008

SNL: What's Up With That?



This week's SNL was hosted by Jonah Hill with muscial guest Mariah Carey. It prompted me to get on the PC right away and voice my annoyance. Some might not understand it but I just believe in right dosage. Tonight's show was focussed on Gay issues. And one would think that I should be happy but I find myself irritated some. I do appreciate what SNL is trying to do, I really do. But the way it was done was just over-done or at least it came off that way. They were just trying too hard. And when you try too hard on a topic such as this, I think you do more damage than good. I love SNL for your effort, but there's gotta be a better way than this. Find a way to not come over as trying too hard. Consult with someone or something (and of course I'd recommend Tina Fey who does it so effortlessly).

Speaking of Tina Fey, 30 Rock will return in April YAY YAY YAY!!!


As for SNL, Mariah Carey!! Ooh la la.
Girl bring that body over here and you won't have to ask for it to be touched, nor how it should be touched, for how long it should be touched, the places it ought to be touched, the positions in which it should be touched. No, you won't have to ask, just leave it all up to me.


It was a delight to see Kristen Wiig in so many more sketches. I don't know why they give her the Kit Porter treatment. But it wasn't this wa tonight. I hope it continues.
Amy was at her usual funny and entertaining best. If ever I watch SNL it's for her now and of course if one of my lovely ladies happen to be hosting.