Friday, April 18, 2008

Hottie Friday: Ciara



Before we get into any details here, I just wanted to run a few checks to ensure that we are all reading from the same page (so to speak). Just want to clear up a few things to dispel any doubts that Ciara Princess Harris - her parents must have known from conception how gorgeously regal she'd look) is one of the hottest chicks on the planet.


She has many times been compared or referred to as the next Aaliyah. I've got to confess though that I cringe whenever she is compared or referred to in this way. I really do. It could be my own conceitedness but talented and beautiful as she is; she's no Aaliyah. In fact I am of the firm opinion that there can never be anyone who could justly be compared to Aaliyah.


Despite how I feel about the whole thing though, let's get back to why we're here or at least why I am here. On to the list then.


1) Bod of a Hot Rod. Check


2) Beauty beyond measure. Check.


And just for verification let's just double check the beauty check. Yeah, I think we're good on the beauty thing.


3) Not pencil thin nor hung up on being pencil thin. Check.


4) 21 or older. Check (DOB - 15 October 1985). Yes, yes yes! (Another sex-pot wearing a hat! I feel faint)


5) Cute as hell with perfectly toned complexion. Check.


6) Have arms will entice you. Check.


7) Have body does Rock! Hard! Check.


8) Have body does flex (and will be sure to reward you). Check.


9) Incredible sense of fashion. Check. As evidenced by this,


this,


and this.


10) Have moves to impress. Check. (Ok, so this is not a necessary requirement but it helps)


11) Rocks leather like nobody's business or at most like Janet does. Check!


I would go on with this list, but I'm pretty sure that we've covered some major ground here and that there's no doubt that we are all now indeed are reading/singing (and drooling onto our keyboards) from the same page.


Ciara is a singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and now actress who is a native of Austin, Texas. She's the only child of Carlton and Jackie Harris. She grew up on several army bases in the US and Germany since her father was in the US Army and her mom was a member of the US Air Force. They currently reside in Atlanta and it was during her teen years there that she was inspired by Destiny's Child to pursue a career in the music industry.


She has since released two albums - Goodies (2004) and Ciara: The Evolution (2006). She is currently working on her third album Fantasy Ride - a release date for this album has not yet been disclosed, however it is expected to be released before the end of the year. "High Price" featuring rapper Ludacris will be the first single to be released off this album.


Goodies netted her three top two singles on Billboard's Hot 100 and sold over 2.6 million copies in the US and five million worldwide. In addition she won several awards for the album. Ciara: The Evolution debuted at number one and produced four hit singles - Get Up, Promise, Like A Boy and Can't Leave 'Em Alone (she collaborated with rapper 50 cent on this single and it's my favorite of all her of videos to date). She is smokin' in this video and 50 cent is looking as smooth as ever as well. The album has sold approximately two million copies worldwide and was certified Platinum.


Accomplishments:
In May 2005, Ciara made her acting debut in the MTV Films coming-of-age film "All You've Got", as Becca Watley, the queen bee of a high school volleyball team; the Little Madonnas. The film was released on DVD May 23, 2006.


Ciara is starring with Patti LaBelle in the upcoming film "Mama, I Want to Sing!", which is based on the off-Broadway musical. Ciara is playing a preacher's daughter in the church choir who becomes a pop star. The film is in the post-production phase.


She became the face of Jay-Z's Rocawear women campaign entitled "I Will Not Lose" in the Summer of 2007.


Awards:
Grammy
2006: Best Short-Form Music Video: "Lose Control" Missy Elliott featuring Ciara and Fatman Scoop)


MTV Video Music Awards
2005: Best Dance Video: "Lose Control" (Missy Elliott featuring Ciara and Fatman Scoop)
2005: Best Hip Hop Video: "Lose Control" (Missy Elliott featuring Ciara and Fatman Scoop)



Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards
2006: Favorite Song: "1, 2 Step"



Soul Train Music Awards
2005: Best R&B/Soul Album: Female

2005: Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist
2005: Sammy Davis Junior Female Entertainer of the Year
2006: Best Dance Cut for "Lose Control" (Missy Elliott featuring Ciara and Fatman Scoop)



Soul Train Lady of Soul Music Awards
2005: Best Dance Cut: "1, 2 Step"

2005: Best R&B Soul/Rap New Artist: "1, 2 Step"
2005: Best Video for "Lose Control" (Missy Elliott featuring Ciara & Fatman Scoop)


Teen Choice Awards
2005: Choice Music Make-Out Song: "Oh"
2005: Choice Music R&B/Hip Hop Track: "1, 2 Step"



BET Awards
2005: Best Collaboration: "1, 2 Step"
2005: Best Female R&B Artist

2005 Viewer's Choice: "1, 2 Step"
2006: Best Collaboration: "Like You"


(Don't even get me started on the fact that she's wearing a Janet Tee. You should all very well know about my hopeless obsession with Miss Jackson)

Vibe Awards
2006 Coolest Collabo: "Oh"
CosmoGIRL! Magazine Annual Awards
2005 Born to Lead Award



Tidbits:
She originally wanted to become a model, before starting her music career.
Is of Creole, German and Irish heritage.
Used to be a cheerleader in high school.
She co-wrote her song "Goodies" and wrote her song "And I" when she was 15.
Ranked #72 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.



Finally I just want to put this out to Ciara: You definitely have the Goodies to make me go Oh after which I'll make you Lose Control which will probably make me want to act Like A Boy but I Promise you that I won't.


When I see women with a body like yours, I Just Can't Leave Em Alone. When you do the 1,2 Step all I wanna do is Get Up and cheer! When you're on tour I can't count the number of times I Pick Up The Phone and dial your number just so I could express how badly I want to be Next To You.


And I can never stop Looking At You, yeah That's Right because I C.R.U.S.H. on you So Hard. The way you transformed into such a beautiful woman is nothing short of an Evolution. I solemnly swear to Make It Last Forever especially since I Found Myself in you.


My Love, rest assured that as I Proceed, I pledge to give you all that you need. I wanna Get In, Fit In comfortably with you. Being with you, I don't need to be anyone else; I'm Just Me. Bottom line is, I'm simply Addicted to you.


Enough said.