Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ooh La La Christina (Milian)



At age 26, Christina Milian (of African-American/Cuban descent) can claim to be an R&B and Pop singer-songwriter, record producer, dancer and actress. She has co-written songs for Jennifer Lopez, PYT as well as new artist Paula DeAnda. She has two younger sisters, Dannielle and Elizabeth.


She co-wrote Play with JLo in 2001 and also provided background vocals on the track. She also co-write "Same Ol' Same Ol, the first single from girl group PYT's debut album. She provides the theme song for Disney's Kim Possible series, Call Me Beep Me and collaborated with Hilary Duff on her Christmas album Santa Claus Lane, on the song I Heard Santa on the Radio.


Her music career started back in 2000 when she collaborated with Ja Rule on his single Between Me and You. I remember hearing the song and wondering who it was singing with Ja Rule. I must admit that I didn't pay much attention at that time but when she released her first solo single AM to PM in 2001, I was curious to find out more.


She has had lucrative success in her singing career having released 3 studio and 1 compilation albums to date. She is currently working on a fourth album which she would like to release later this year. As per her myspace page she has confirmed that J. R. Rotem, Nate Hills, The Matrix, Missy Elliott, Lil Jon, Lisa Maffia, Cool & Dre, Polow da Don and Ryan Tedder will be featured producers; while Rick Ross and Frankie J will be featured.


Milian is quoted as saying that it would be nice to pursue a career in music provided that the rewards are forthcoming. However, there's more money to be made in the movies, so she is currently concentrating on her acting career. "If music could go my way, I would say music. But, y'know, movies pay the bills. And I could always play a musician in a movie."

She has appeared in commercials, several TV shows including Sister, Sister, Clueless, Charmed and The Steve Harvey Show. Her most significant movie roles include Love Don't Cost a Thing (in which she played her first lead role), Torque, Man of the House, Be Cool and Pulse. And she was the only one missing from D.E.B.S (OK, I just threw that one in there but it's true.)

She is set to play a lead character in The CW's new show Eight Days A Week alongside Mario Lopez. This show should have premiered last year but with the merge of CW, a release date is yet to be announced. Milian is also set to star in The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, starring Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner, with a February 19, 2009 release date.


Christina is in the process of adding the title of author to her already long list of credits since It has been reported that she has plans to write books targeted for teenage girls.


In 2005 she won The Reign Award which is an Elton John Award for Outstanding Achievement which she shared with Mariah Carey and Eric West.

In 2006 she won the Ozone Award for Best R&B Female.


Looks up to Janet Jackson, Diana Ross, Celia Cruz, and Gloria Estefan as her musical inspirations. Now you know her looking up to Janet has just earned her extra points in my book right? That's right, she is a self-confessed huge fan of Janet Jackson.


She and Serena Williams share the same birth day.


Personal Quotes
"When I go home, I still have to clean my room, I still have to do the dishes. We have somebody come every now and then to do that stuff, but my mom still makes me clean before she comes."



"I make a lot of my own clothes. I don't like wearing the same thing everybody else wears".

I'm not too hard on myself about dieting and exercise. Some stars are a little too bony for me. What happened to the booty?