Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TV Series: The Women I Enjoyed Then Pt 3



I fell in love with Jane Seymour the moment I laid eyes on her. I was first introduced to her when she appeared in "Live And Let Die" (James Bond).

So when "Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman" came about, was I ever a happy camper.


I pictured myself in one of the episodes using this line: "Is there a doctor in the house? You know what forget the doctor, send me the medicine woman."

After which, Dr. Quinn would make an appearance in the entrance of my log cabin and the sight of her would make me swoon which would then cause her to hold my head on her lap (preferably to her chest/breast but I wouldn't fuss about being on her lap either) while she applied a cold compress and brushed my cheeks with her soft hands.


Twas a nice wish/dream but back to reality now.


The series ran from 1993 - 1998 and Seymour appeared in all 148 episodes. John Lando was her co-star and yet again, I have to admit to how good these two look together.

The plot synopsis is as follows: The fifth daughter of a wealthy Boston physician, Michaela Quinn defies the conventions of post-Civil War society by following in her father's footsteps. After his death, 'Dr. Mike' leaves Boston and moves to the frontier town of Colorado Springs, where she finds the citizens less than thrilled by the concept of a woman doctor. While she struggles to earn their trust, Mike's life is complicated by a growing relationship with mountain man Byron Sully, and the unexpected responsibility of raising three orphaned children.

Yeah, isn't it funny (or not) how men just always seem to complicate things? Ha ha, I'm sorry, there are times when I just can't help myself - this happens to be one of those many occasions when I just couldn't let one like that pass.

To be honest, I don't remember anything at all that really sticks out about any of the episode. All that mattered was that Jane Seymour was on the TV for me viewing pleasure. No, wait. There is one episode that comes to mind and I believe this was the last episode that I viewed. It had to do with this baby that died and they were all blaming in on Dr. Mike when the fault was really that of the parents because of some contaminated tubing that they were feeding the baby the milk through. OK, does anyone even give a hoot about all this? I don't know but hey, this is what I felt like writing about - so don't sue me if this bores you to tears. At least just look at the pretty pictures; that must count for some thing. Right?