Friday, November 7, 2008

Hottie Friday: Leonor Varela



OK. Let’s just say that you are walking along the pavement and get to the corner. As you make your way around the bend, there’s a puddle of water that you did not notice and you slip and bump your head. You wake up two days later in the hospital and the doctor says to you, “Everything is just fine with you. You are being released.”




So you’re making your way home and for some reason this beautiful woman goes by who causes everyone to stop and stare except for you. It seems that bump on the head caused you to be unable to recognize a hot woman when you see one. You begin to panic! But wait! Here comes Slym to the rescue!






“I have a cure for you my friend”, says Slym. “Fear not.” The woman on the street, sure she was beautiful, I’ll give her that. But what you need is a dose of drop-dead gorgeous, make-your-tongue-hang-out-of-your-mouth hot, sexy, cause-a-traffic-jam-on-the highway, so-hot-she-makes-my-mouth-go-dry, Chilean Bombshell Leonor Varela!






Here my friend, take a look at these!!! If this Chilean Goddess of Hotness does not snap you out of this stupor, then you are really in a bad way and I’m worried. If her wait-until-I-get-you-home-bedroom eyes don’t send shockwaves to your brain and unclog the cloud before your eyes, then you have my deepest sympathy.




If you are not aroused by those perfect pair of ‘assets’ on her chest or those flawless legs that beckon to be wrapped around the body or the immaculate tone of her skin, then my friend you have all right to weep bitterly in despair.






If the curve of this beauty’s perfect hips does not make you dream of the pleasure that they behold, then forget about weeping bitterly, hell I will weep for you. First I will weep because of the seriousness of your condition then I will very likely weep for joy knowing that there is one less person to contend with for her attention and affection.






As a matter of fact, I think it best if you go and lie down for a bit and rest while I dedicate my full attention to absorbing the marvelous sensations that Varela stirs up in me. Yes my friend, rest your weary head for the next few hours at least.






Varela is the perfect combination of beauty, sex appeal and hotness. If she was any more desirable my brain would not be able to process it all. My body would not be able to handle it. I would not be able to function!






Of course I should tell you something about her background but Hot Damn, the woman is HOT! And that’s all that's going through my mind right now. Varela’s hotness is right up there in the same category with Sarah Shahi!!! *swoon*.






Leonor Varela Palma was born in Santiago, Chile on December 29, 1972. She is half Chilean on her father's side and French on her mother's side. She is an actress, spokesperson for marine life (Save the Whales Again!) and model. She started off her career in 1995 in a children’s film called Pony Trek. She followed up with appearances in local soap operas (Tic Tac, Sous le soleil and A legend to Ride) and playing mini roles in several television shows including Arrested Development, Stargate: Atlantis and E-Ring.






I first caught sight of her in The Man in the Iron Mask in 1998. I did not, or more correctly, could not bring myself to watching the movie in its entirety. She is probably is best known for her role in Cleopatra where she played the leading character (1999).






And then in 2002 it happened! Blade II was released and thank my lucky stars that I love Wesley Snipes films or else I might have missed the opportunity to fall hopelessly in love with Varela *insert dreamy sighs here*. I was bitten hard by the love-bug. I was immediately taken in; totally smitten.






Varela has had quite a busy schedule this year. The year thus far has seen her in five films with another in post-production phase – Sleep Dealer, Hell Ride, Hindsight, Balls Out: The Gary Horseman Story, All Inclusive and Love and Virtue (set for release some time in 2009).




She will play Muchacha in Deseo (a TV series) which is currently being filmed and will play the role of Isabel Millalobos in Caleuche: El llamado del mar.






Varela won the Arts and Entertainment Critics Award, Chile - APES Award for Best Supporting Actress (Mejor Actriz) in 2003 and an Imagen Award for Best Supporting Actress for Where God Left His Shoes in 2008.




And to round it out two of my favorites of her personal quotes:
"I don't believe in nudity for nudity's sake, but it's really beautiful when it's done well, when it's within a story. I'm very comfortable with my body. I grew up mostly in France, where nudity is not taboo. It's not this hypocritical thing where we go, "No!" and then it's "Oh, yes!" When we strip away the clothes, the jewelry, that's who we really are. I walk around naked in my house."








"In this business, if you don't have the capacity to step back and have some sort of relativity about things, you're screwed."




So as you can see this woman is not only a knockout, she’s smart as well and if I may say so, a perfect candidate for Hottie Friday.




Happy weekend to all.