Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kate Beckinsale Can Ring My Bell



When it comes to Kate's acting abilities, I admit that there isn't much that I am able to tell you about it. Of her 31 film and television movies/appearances along with stage performances, I have only seen but a few. OK I've seen Van Helsing (most of it anyways) and Click. There, you happy now?






So for me to come here and try to sell you on her talents or movies would be totally wrong. In fact I'm not here to sell anything. I'm here because I find Beckinsale to be a very attractive woman. Shallow you say? I try not to be but I'm only human.








All of my pages cannot be filled with women who match every single criterion that I'm looking for or that I consider to be ideal. Of course, this is not to discredit Beckinsale's acting abilities in anyway; I'm just saying that I haven't seen enough of her work to make any fair judgment about them. That's all. By now it must be quite noticeable that I like to throw things out before launching into anything.






Kathryn Bailey was born to parents who were both actors - Judy Loe and Richard Beckinsale (deceased). She is an English actress who is no doubt best known for her roles in Pearl Harbor, Underworld, Underworld: Evolution, Van Helsing and The Aviator.








Her two biggest films to date have been Pearl Harbor which was one of the highest grossing films of 2001 - his is a role she got due to scheduling conflicts that Charlize Theron had at the time and the other film is Underworld: Evolution which grossed over $26 million in its first weekend of release.








Other films of note include Much Ado About Nothing, Emma (Jane Austin), Serendipity (I've seen bits and pieces of this, don't know if that counts - I just find all of John Cusack's films to be too much of the same), Snow Angels and Vacancy where she replaced Sarah Jessica Parker (I've seen the trailer but again not the movie. I think it's just that she appears in movies which are just not my type of movies to watch).








This year she starred in Winged Creatures and Nothing But the Truth alongside Angela Bassett, Alan Alda and Preston Bailey. This filmed was released at the Canada Film Festival on September 8 and will be released in the US in New York on 19 December along with additional limited US release on 9 January 2009.






This is definitely on my list of movies to see for two main reasons: the plot and I can't resist any performance by Angela Bassett. Another reason to see this movie is that I like the role that Beckinsale plays and think that she will be good in it.






In 2009 she will play starring roles in Whiteout and Everybody's Fine. I am looking forward to Whiteout because of the plot and the role which Beckinsale will play. She will play U.S. Marshal Carrie Stetko who tracks a killer in Antarctica (this type of movie is more up my alley). Filming for this movie has been completed and the movie is set for release on 11 September 2009.







Everybody's Fine is in post-production phase and falls into the Adventure Comedy Drama genre and does not pique my interest at all. However since other cast members include Robert DeNiro, Drew Barrymore and Katherine Moennig I just might see it out of sheer curiosity. Beckinsale's daughter will also make her debut playing young Amy.






Beckinsale is the mother of Lily Mo Sheen (born 31 January 1999) and is currently married to director Len Wiseman (9 May 2004).




Beckingsale has been nominated some 14 times and has won a Best Actress Award at the Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festival for her role in Shooting Fish in 1997 and in 1999 tied with Minnie Driver for British Supporting Actress of the Year at the London Critics Circle Film Awards for her role in The Last Days of Disco.








She has definitely made her rounds on the hot lists and has had her share of being on magazine covers. In 2002 she was selected by Hello Magazine as England's #1 Beauty. She has made it onto sexiest list for FHM, Maxim and Stuff magazines. Maxim magazine's Hot 100 of 2007 list ranked her at #21. This once again proves that I'm not the only one who thinks this woman is damn sexy and hot. I rest my case.




Kate Beckinsale has an aura of sophistication about her.




Kate Beckinsale is damn sexy (even as a vampire warrior).




Kate Beckinsale is definitely hot! And she can ring my bell anytime of the day or night!