Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Happy With Alicia



Lately I have come to realize that the more I see Alicia Keys (be it on television or in magazines) that the more annoyed I become. She can wear all the make up that MAC can make, don the most expensive and glamorous dresses and wear her hair in the most trendy of ways, but I can't bear to look at her anymore. The emphasis being on 'look at'.

Try as she might, she is not comfortable with her all-too-glam make over. She can keep trying to convince herself as much as she wants but she certainly isn't convincing me (and I'm sure a lot more people). I'm all for advancing and changing your looks but if you're not comfortable with it, then that's a whole other ball game.
One of my greatest pleasures when watching any video is to see the artist truly enjoying what it is that they are doing. Miss Keys, your videos have been lacking that ever since... well.... damn. It's been so long that I can't even recall. Probably ever since your second album.

I'm a fan of your work. I think you are one of the most talented and beautiful artists around. You are talented, you are gifted; you've got mad skills. You really do. However, your new look you is just so incongruous that it has become painful to watch.

I will continue to support your music; you are good at what you do. There's nothing that's ever gonna change that. Just don't blame me if I don't support the videos and magazine appearances.

At the end of it all, you very likely won't ever come across this blog, so I could be deemed to have wasted a lot of my time. However, it's consolation enough that I've gotten this off of my chest. They say confession is good for the soul.

Your fan forever.....

P.S. Which of these come off as being more comfortable and relaxed? (Pay special attention to the look in the eyes and the genuineness of the smiles in each set. Also try to be as objective as possible because the woman is sizzling hot and stunningly beautiful no matter what!)

These?











Or these?








So what's the verdict?