Thursday, February 28, 2008

Timeless Thursday: Diane Keaton



Diane Keaton is a gem. Yep precious, valuable, beautiful, stunning, glimmering and all else that goes along with it. She's a mom (two adopted kids - daugther Dexter Jan. 1996 and son Duke Dec. 2000), a talented actress who has withstood the test of time, a sister, a director as well as a producer.


Academy and BAFTA Award winner for Best Actress in the movie Annie Hall (1977) and Golden Globe Award winner for Best Actress - Motion Picture/Comedy 1978 and 2004 for Annie Hall and Something's Gotta Give respectively.


I think she possesses exceptional comedic timing and wit. This is proven over and over again in the roles that she plays (Father of the Bride, Because I Said So, Something's Gotta Give, Hanging Up).

When she takes on serious roles, you can bet your lifesavers that she delivers as well. She's just got an adorable quirkiness about her that's irresistable. Of all her movies, my favorite is The First Wives Club (of course Goldie Hawn being in the same movie made it all the more appealing for me and Bette Midler was a bonus). Second would be Something's Gotta Give.


There are so many things that I admire about her. She doesn't believe in plastic surgery. How fucking cool is that? In her own words back in 2004, this is what Ms. Keaton had to say during an interview with More magazine, "I'm stuck in this idea that I need to be authentic ... My face needs to look the way I feel." And I say, "You go girl! Work that!"


Being as cool as she is, it's no wonder she hangs out with so cool people.



This woman can rock white, especially a suit, like nobody's business!

There are only two other people who come to mind who can rock white as well and those two people are Ellen Degeneres and Barbara Streisand. Keaton shines in white.

She should wear it more often.


And the highlights in her hair, luv luv luv it.
She, like so many other beautiful women who I admire (Tina Turner, Phylicia Rashad, Meryl Streep, Glen Close to name a few), have found that fountain of youth, or at least that fountain that bestows the ability to get better, more beautiful and graceful with age.

And all I have to say to that is "Don't be selfish; do share. Damn it! I can keep I secret too. I really can. Believe me I can." You'll tell Mandy Moore but you won't tell me huh. Guess I'll just have to get close to Mandy then. I still luvz u just the same anyway.


I have not been out as yet to see her latest movie Mad Money, but believe me I will. I would not be able to live with myself if I didn't.

Im with you Diane. What can I say? I think you're all that and a bag of chips.