Monday, February 4, 2008

I Really Like Tea Leoni



I really really like Téa Leoni (pronuned Tay-uh). Why? I'm honestly not sure. I figure it's gonna sound rather cliche, but truth of the matter is that there's just something about her.


Elizabeth Téa Pantaleoni was born in New York on 25 February 1966 to a Texan mom and her father is of Itilian and Polish descent.


She married actor (and now director) David Duchovny in May of 1997 after dating for just 9 weeks. The couple have two kids - daughter Madelaine West (8 years old) and son Kyd Miller (5 years old).


She is a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.



Her film career isn't flooded with award nominations and the like nor has she really "made it" in the business.


No she's definitely not an A-lister but certainly has the potential to be. Her major/most memorable movies would be the roles she played in Bad Boys (1995), Deep Impact (1998) and Jurassic Park III (2001).


I was pleased with her performance in all three movies. I also enjoyed her in The Family Man. I dislike any film with Nicolas Cage in it but she made the movie bearable.


Loved her in Spanglish as well. That movie is one of my favorites. It's a nice little movie; not one that you'd rave about but I place it in the same category as I would Under The Tuscan Sun - not exciteable but rather likeable and just.... nice.


She also made Fun With Dick And Jane watchable (IMHO of course). She did You Kill Me in Canada back in July of 2007. This movie I have not seen, but believe me, I will. Ghost Town is currently in production and should be released some time later this year.


What it boils down to is that I would watch any movie in which she has a role no matter how small.


I honestly would. When she's on screen, I sit up and
take notice.


I'm hoping that her ship will come in (in terms of nominations and awards) but believe me, if it never does, she has an everlasting fan in me.


I'm hoping that she makes lots more movies.