Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Taxi, Please



I've read a few pieces on badass chick-flicks and I feel the need to get this off my chest. Why is it that Taxi is not considered a badass chick-flick?

No, seriously now. Set It Off gets mentioned quite a few times and it's deserving, i'll admit to that. But how is it that a movie that centers on 4 (super sexy super hot) super bad female bank robbers:




Gisele Bündchen


Ana Cristina de Oliveira




Ingrid Vandebosch


and Magali Amadei

who are being pursued by one pissed off irritated badass female taxi driver (Queen Latifah) accompanied by a male officer (Jimmy Fallon) who is misunderstood by his peers not considered bad-ass?


What's wrong with me/them/us? Doesn't this qualify? Really now! Throw in another badass female lieutenant (Jennifer Esposito) and my goodness, I just can't fathom the whole damn thing. I'm utterly beside myself with disbelief! How much more badass can you get?


These chicks drive fast cars; no make that - these chicks drive fast cars really fast. They zig in and out of traffic, they burn rubber, they outrun cops.

I could even throw in the fact there are a few lebianish moments in the middle of it all.

This gives a perfect demonstration of how to cop a feel.. I mean search a cop for weapons. You feel me?

Shit that's a humdinger! A no-brainer if you ask me - B-A-D A-S-S!