Tuesday, September 2, 2008

JLo's Love Don't Cost A Thing



There are some women who make it a bit difficult to blog about them. Not because they are overly complicated or anything like that. But because you want so badly for the blog to be perfect. Or there are so many things that you want to cram inside the blog. Or you get too excited at the very thought of how that person makes you feel. Am I making any sense?


There are quite a few blogs that I've been holding back on for that very reason. In Jennifer Lopez's case, I think it's a matter of wanting to cram so many things in. I don't want to miss a thing because there's so much to be told.


Of course one other very significant reason is that the woman is gorgeous. If there's on e woman in this world who's got a perfect body (imho), then that woman is J. Lo. She's got curves in all the right places. She's got sexy eyes, inviting lips... oh here come that excitement. I've got to change directions here.


First off (and you know what's coming next right; one of my many 'let me throw this out there thingy') let me make it known that I am not a huge fan of her music. Since she began her musical career some 9 years ago (1999), I have not been truly impressed by any of her albums. If I'm not mistaken I own either 2 or 3 of them. What I can say though is that she's had a few songs that I could really get into.


Having put that out there though (here we go again, I'm gonna get into one of those 'despite that negative'), let me make it known that I am a fan of her movies. I really am. She's not exactly one of the greatest actresses in Hollywood as far as movies go. In fact, critics have not had much 'pro' comments to make about her movies but her gross for movies certainly speaks volumes and can certainly shut those critics up.


Lopez is one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood and the highest-paid Latin actress in Hollywood history, though she's never had a film grossing over $100 million in the U.S. Lopez appeared in the 2007 Guinness World Records as the most powerful actress. She was on the The Hollywood Reporter's list of the top ten actress salaries in 2002, 2003, and 2004.


She received $15,000,000 for her role in Monster-in-Law. Her top-grossing film domestically is Maid in Manhattan which grossed $94,011,225, and her most successful international film, Shall We Dance?, grossed $112,238,000 at the international box office. Domestically, Shall We Dance? grossed $57,890,460 and a total of $170,128,460 worldwide. quote


She's a good actress. She does a pretty good job of it, especially since her forte is music. Her movie choices are well made. The only movie I didn't like for her was The Wedding Planner and I don't think it had anything to do with her or her acting in that movie. It very likely is because I hate any movie with Matthew McConaughey in it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but his acting annoys me for some reason. He's got a kinda childish/babyish thing going on that just rubs me the wrong way. I not convinced by his acting skills at all. But this isn't about him.


Jennifer Lynn Lopez is a multifaceted, multi-talented individual. She's a person deserving of respect for what it is that she does. She has put in her time, she has paid her dues and besides some high profile public relationships, she's kept on the positive self-respecting path throughout her career. That is always a big plus with me. Money, fame and the status quo can have (as we all know) a substantial negative impact on a celebrity's life. Any celebrity who keeps it together through it all has my absolute respect.


She's an actress, singer, songwriter and record producer. She's a dancer, fashion designer and television producer. Forbes lists her as the richest person of Latin American descent. People en Español list her as the most influential Hispanic entertainer in America. 'Go Jennifer!


Her claim to movie came when she was given the lead in Selena (1997). Her portrayal of the late Latina's life was what launched her into the spotlight as an actress. Before then she had roles in My Little Girl (1987) and had made several TV appearances in In Living Color and Second Chances.




Other movies to her credit include Money Train, Jack, Anaconda, The Cell, Out of Sight (one of my fav of her movies - she and Clooney did a really good job on this one), Angel Eyes, Enough (she kicked ass in this one which makes it one of my favs as well and her body was rocking!), Maid in Manhattan (a nice little movie - critics didn't care much for it but the gross from this movie proved them wrong), Shall We Dance? (she was great in this as well, one of her best performance imho) and Monster-in-Law (by far my fav of them all - maybe Jane Fonda has something to do with that).




She's got two movies pending release in 2009. Love and Other Impossible Pursuits is set for release in January of 2009. It's a comedy/drama and is in pre-production phase. JLo does the cutest comedy. You just want to pinch her cheeks when she does. So cute. The Governess is also in pre-production stage and is set for release in December of 2009 and falls into the action/comedy/romance category.




She is currently married to singer Marc Anthony (June5, 2004) and on February 22 of this year she welcomed her first kids into the world - twins Max and Emme. Marc has three other kids, two of whom are with his former wife Miss Universe Dayanara Torres. Lopez is the middle child of 3 daughters. Her older sister sings opera and the younger is a DJ.




If you need proof that JLo is sexy and that I know sexy when I see it, just wrap yourself around these:
She is the only woman to have been voted the Sexiest Wwoman in the World twice in FHM.



Voted the #1 best female body in Celebrity Bodies (UK) magazine. [October 2001]


Was ranked 1st of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan (2001).


Came in at #5 in FHM's Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, American edition.
She had come in first in the 2000 & 2001 editions of the poll. [June 2002]


Ranked #5 on FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2003 list, behind only Alyssa Milano, Carmen Electra, Britney Spears, and Halle Berry.


Ranked #2 in Stuff magazine's 102 Sexiest Women in the World (2002).


Ranked #3 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.




Voted the 4th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine September 2002.




Ranked #4 in the Loveliest Latin Ladies section of Stuff's 125 Sexiest Women of the Year 2003, along with Shakira, Salma Hayek, Daisy Fuentes, Roselyn Sanchez, Penélope Cruz, Eva Mendes, Sofía Vergara, Lana Parrilla, Marieh Delfino, and Sissi.


Lopez has been recognized by People en Español magazine as both the cover subject for the 50 Most Beautiful issue in 2006 and the 100 Most Influential Hispanics issue in February 2007.




In 2001 Lola became the first singer-actress to have a movie (The Wedding Planner) and a music album (J. Lo) hit number one in the same week. She has amassed numerous awards over the years for her work in music and film industries as well as for her impeccable fashion sense. These awards include AMAs, Kids' Choice, Teen Choice, World Music, Billboard, Billboard Latin Music, VH!/Vouge, BET and MTV awards.


In 2003, Lopez launched JLO by Jennier Lopez, a clothing line which includes, purses, hats, gloves, jewelry, jeans, T-shirts, lingerie among other things for young women. She retired JLO by Jennifer Lopez in late 2007 and has two other lines Sweetface and JustSweet.


She has also moved into the perfume industry and has since launched Glow by J.Lo, Still, Miami Glo by J.Lo, Live by Jennifer Lopez, Live Lux and Glow After Dark. She also owns her own film and television production company, Nuyorican Productions.




She's hard-working, she's dedicated, she's gorgeous, sexy, beautify, hot, fashionable, stylish, a shrewd business woman. Damn! Can you ask for more! To top this blog off, I recommend one of my favorite videos by JLo.




My Love Don't Cost A Thing is one of the hottest videos ever made by Lopez. She's so indubitably hot in this video. My fav scene is when she gets with her boys (all of them wearing white) with her hair braided (ooh yeah) and she just breaks out some moves. Luv this video. Really do.


JLo keep on bringing it. And by it, I'm referring to the heat, the hits, the movies. Keep 'em coming.


Wait! Did I mention Jlo's curves? Did I. That woman's body is just out of this world, insanely, drool-inducingly awesome. I did didn't I? I just wanted an excuse to mention it again. I can't help it. Her body rocks. From the beautiful hair, to the flawless face, the curve of her back, hips, thighs to the very tip of her toes... *sigh*.


I get excited when I think of her. I get ecstatic when I see her. I... I... I... should just end this right here; I'm afraid of what I might say next.