Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lindsay Lohan: Not My #1 But...



When my friend Dorothy over at Surrenders brought it to AE members and readers' attention that Lindsay Lohan was rated #1 by Maxim magazine back in in 2007 I was one of the very first to express my utter dissatisfaction and disagreement with that rank. Myself and other members bitched like hell about it and called on AE to create and publish our own list of hotties as a means of showing Maxim how to go about choosing a #1 hottie and thus the AE Hot 100 list was born.




So what the hell am I doing with LiLo on my site proclaiming her hotness? What the hell kind of a cynic am I? Before you start hurling those stones, at least here me out. Now let the records show that I may be a lot of things but a hypocrite I'm not.



In as much as I denounced her rank of of #1 at no time whatsoever did I ever dispute that she was hot. LiLo is hot but I just don't think she's that hot. In fact I do not find her hotness to be constant. It seems to fluctuate some. I'll tell you this though, when LiLo is hot, she's real hot.
(These right here are my most fav LiLo pics of them all. Just how much more sexy, seductive and tempting could she get?)




How do I feel about all the mess she's caught up in? I'm glad you want to know that. Here's how I fee; totally sympathize as well as empathize with her and Britney Spears. Furthermore I feel the same way about any other young celeb who gets overwhelmed by and succumbs to the pressures of celebrityhood (is there such a word? well now you know, I'm also an inventor).




Who among us have never fucked up? Seriously! You know what the major difference is? When a regular Joe or Jane fucks up we get to deal with it in the privacy of our own homes, or within a circle of friends or privately in a public institution. But when a celeb fucks up, the paparazzi and other media magnify, amplify and multiple the whole shit and make it the business of all and any who care to read, watch or hear about it. Shit even when you don't want to hear, see or know about it, you can't avoid it. So you see, that's how I feel about this whole biz.




How do I feel about LiLo the actress? I think she does a really good job of it all. I really do. Have I seen a lot of her movies? No. I haven't. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I don't watch that many movies or TV shows. But for those that I've seen, I commend her.






And it seems that I'm not the only one who feels this way about her skills. James Robinson, the producer of Georgia Rule was quoted as follows, "She's a good person who's making some bad choices. She needs time to get the proper medical care, but when she's in the right emotional state, I'd put her in a movie right away.... She's probably one of the most talented young women in the movie business today."





I've seen The Parent Trap and she was awesome in this one. I've seen Freaky Friday and once again, she did a great job. I've seen her in Herbie: Fully Loaded and yes, I think she did a wonderful job of it. My favorite of them all though is Georgia Rule. I think it's been her best performance to date. The fact that Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman (one of my many loves) starred alongside her, made this movie even more enjoyable for me.






(There's something about this pic that really does it for me. I love it)


Since beginning her career back in 1998, she has 15 movies to her credit and is currently working on an additional two, one in production and the other in post-production. In Labor Pains (post-production 2009) she portrays a young woman who pretends to be pregnant in order to avoid getting losing her job.






Also in this movie are Janeane Garofalo, Bonnie Somerville and Tracee Ellis Ross. And in Dare to Love Me (production 2009) she'll play a mysterious woman who changes the life of Tango legend Carlos Gardel after he loses the love of his life tragically.






Lindsay Dee Lohan is not only an actress and a model and she's a pop singer as well. Yes folks, she's sings. She has been inspired by her idol Ann-Margert to become a triple thread - singer, dancer, actress. And in her quest to fulfill this dream, she has released two albums; Speak (2004) and A Little More Personal (Raw) (2005).






She is now working on her third studio album Spirit In The Dark which is due to be released on November 4 of this year. Producer Emilio Estefan, Jr. who was excited when he first heard her sing signed Lohan to a five-album production deal in 2002.








LiLo's career began at the very tender age of three when she became a model for Ford Models. She has appeared in over 100 print ads and quite a number of television ads including ads for Toys R Us, Calvin Klein Kids, Abecrombie Kids and probably her most famous ad, Jell-O where she yummed it up with Bill Cosby.






Awards:
Won the 2005 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress.


Won the MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance in Mean Girls.


Won the 2005 MTV Movie Award for Best On Screen Team including- Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, Amanda Seyfried in Mean Girls.

Won the 2006 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress in Herbie: Fully Loaded.


Won the 2006 Hollywood Film Festival Award for Best Ensembled Cast in Bobby.
2007 won Capri Global Award


2004 won the Teen Choice Award in a few different categories for Mean Girls and Freaky Friday
(L-O-V-E this pic right here to the max)


2005 won Young Hollywood Award Superstar of Tomorrow


1999 won Young Artist Award Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actress for The Parent Trap (1998)


Tidbits:
In 2005, Lohan became the first living person to have a My Scene Goes Hollywood doll released by Mattel.


Lohan was voted #10 on the list of 100 Sexiest Women by readers of FHM.
Maxim placed her at #3 on its 2006 Hot 100 list and in 2007, Lohan placed at #1 on the Maxim Hot 100.






I hope I've at least mended some fences. I like LiLo. She's got the makings of a good actor. She has done a good job of picking up the pieces. She's just got to find good ground in her life, put some roots down and stay grounded.


Lately she's been cancelling appearances as well as movies. A sure sign that she's a bit nervous about getting back into the game. That in itself is a sure sign that she's concerned about her image and her legacy. And that being the case, she's well on her way to doing great things. She's already got a good body of work to her credit, she just needs to get back in the game and build on it.